Xmas has come and gone once again ~ however I just received some fantastic parcels directly from Australia. Well it was actually meant to arrive prior to Xmas with Daniela however her bags were lost in the crazy christmas airport scene and were only just returned to her. Thank goodness everything was returned and my gifts were delivered.
Thank you to Daniela for your wonderful gifts! Also a big thank you to George and Melissa for their tasty xmas parcel. You made my Chrsitmas one to remember. Food is probably one of the best gifts one can receive ~ its satisfies the most senses! Its funny how a simple sugar cookie in the shape of a Koala could so easily please you whilst enjoying your tea. Thanks again~!
Gifts From George and Melissa In Australia
1. Cheesymite – Vegemite with Cheese. Delicious! If you are a vegemite fan you would really appreciate this product. If you hate vegemite then you are better off without it and just giving it to me. Its also a great source of vitamin B!
2. Wagon Wheels – I have to admit that the Australian type is much superior to the one found in North America. The biscuit inside is much firmer, the filling is softer, and the taste is richer. A far better product.
3. Bounty ~ same as here however always a welcome site.
4. Summer Roll ~ mmmmm.. this brings back memories. I haven’t seen these over here however it reminded me on my childhood. My dad used to buy us these as kids. Description “lightly roasted peanuts and nougat rolled in milk chocolate and coconut”.
5. Cadbury’s Dairy Milk – Furry Friend collectables. The Australian animals on the wrappers are cute ~ make for good cutouts. The chocolate is a delicious dark milk chocolate.
6. Golden Chocolate coins – real ones would of been better! lol
7. Chocolate Koala’s ~ now you can’t get more Aussie than a koala biscuit. I haven’t seen this product before but definitely a welcome site.
More Xmas Food Presents from Daniela
1. Crunchie’s ~ well this was a request as I can’t find them over here and I enjoy the party size as they are perfect size for a treat. Thanks!
2. Cadbury Chocolate Bars (various)~ You may think I am bias but I really think that Australian chocolate taste’s different than here. Even though we can find cadbury chocolate over here ~ I believe the recipe formula is different. You need to try both and compare the difference. Can’t wait to try the Macadamia flavor.
3. A fine bottle of Grenache, Shiraz blend Wine!! mmmmm.. its a pitty Daniela and I didn’t get a chance to finish this on her visit. We did however drink another delicious red in Portland. So that made up for it! Maybe Ill have this one on New years!
For The Love Of Food ~ ask and you shall receive! Or just have fantastic friends and family that will delivery awesome treats!